Black Plague Doctor Mask Plague Costume Halloween Plague Mask
H I S T O R Y of Plague Doctor
The plague doctor attire was designed by Charles de Lorme, King of France's personal physician, as a protective suit in 1619, drawing inspiration from a soldier's full body armor but making it appropriate for medicinal purposes. The attire was put to use in Paris for the first time and, soon became widespread throughout Europe.
This popular plague doctor costume ensemble is based on an original engraving by Paul Fürst done in 1656 of the Der Doctor Schnabel von Rom or Doctor Beak of Rome. It shows this most unusual long robe attire worn by Plague Doctors who served as public servants at the time in any city willing to employ their services of assisting victims of the plague. They used plague masks with a beak is filled with aromatic substances used to fight miasmas or unpleasant smells floating in the air, which that the time was considered to be the cause of the disease. The staff in his hand was used to examine and prod patients from a certain distance and not touch with hands.
- Mask has an adjustable head buckle and an ornate beak
- Ventilation rivet holes under the beak for easy breathing.
- Lightweight and comfortable to wear
- Optional LED lights
- Shaded plastic acrylic lenses for viewing available in a variety of colors!
**You can wear this Plague Doctor mask with Eye Glasses! The eye goggles of the mask are removable and can be swapped with your eyeglasses!
- You have several Plague Hat options to choose from; Steampunk style top hat with clock watch or Traditional Plague Doctor Hat available in Men's style PU Leather or Floral veiled Felt Women's Style hat
- Plague Robe
- neck cloak made with High-quality PU Leather
- The plague doctor staff as depicted in the Paul Fürst engraving is topped by a winged hourglass which symbolizes Tempus Fugit, the passing nature of existence and of life.
- Shoulder Cape
- Leather Belt with Pouch